About Me

My photo
My name is Rebekah and I ♥ my Lord Jesus Christ. I remember when I got baptized when I was young but couldn't remember when I got saved and that got me wondering if I really was saved.Living in doubt really started to bug me so at camp on July 2nd,2012, the first service on the first night, I reconfirmed my salvation! That Sunday night when I got back, I got re-baptized along with 2 of my friends.

Total Page views! God Bless You!!!!!!!!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Story of Easter

The Story of Easter
               by Rebekah and Brittany
           published by Rebekah
   This is an article Brittany and I wrote for the Patriot Post.
     Some people think Easter is about candy and the Easter bunny, but really, it's different! In Matthew 26,27, and 28, it talks about the REAL Easter story, like when Jesus was praying in  the garden of Gethsemane and the soldiers came and arrested Him and took Him before Pontious Pilate. Pontious Pilate asked Him questions and gave the crowd a choice whether they wanted Barrabbus or Jesus, they chose Barrabbus. Then the crowd was chanting: "Crucify Him, Crucify Him!" The soldiers then put a crown of thorns on His head and whipped His back and put a scarlet robe upon Him. Then they took Him to Golgotha and nailed Him to the cross between the two thieves. The people mocked Him and said "If you're the King of Israel, why don't you come down and we will believe you." One of the thieves got saved and Jesus said," I will see you in Heaven." Then Jesus died, and Joseph asked for His body and they placed His body in a tomb, and we call that day Resurection Day, or Easter. That is what Easter is really about. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!