About Me

My photo
My name is Rebekah and I ♥ my Lord Jesus Christ. I remember when I got baptized when I was young but couldn't remember when I got saved and that got me wondering if I really was saved.Living in doubt really started to bug me so at camp on July 2nd,2012, the first service on the first night, I reconfirmed my salvation! That Sunday night when I got back, I got re-baptized along with 2 of my friends.

Total Page views! God Bless You!!!!!!!!

Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Son of a Soldier

This is the poem that I wrote. Hope you like it!

The Son of a Soldier

A young boy's father was in the army,
Never getting to see him much.
Day by day he waited for him.
Month by month his hope turned grim.
Then one day his mother said,
"Your father was injured and now is dead."
The little boy bursted into tears,
Knowing that his father could be gone for years.

Years flew by and the boy had changed.
He approached his mother and told her this.
"I'm joining the army" and gave her a kiss.
"You're father would be proud." she cried,
Tears flowing down which she could not hide.
After graduating from college, he was deployed.
Not knowing if he would return,
He saw the hope in his mother burn.

From a boy to teen, from teen to man,
He had married and continued with his plan.
Bullets flying and bombs exploding,
The father had told his son that he would be returning.

His son was waiting every day.
Finally he saw his father show up in May.
He ran to him with a huge embrace,
His mother following with a tear-stained face.
The family was together again,
Praying for others ans they did back then.

They walked to the cemetary where his father laid,
Honoring and thanking for the life he had paid.
The boy who grew to be a soldier,
Had made his parents proud.
"God Bless America!" he cried out loud.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks! I wrotr another one too. Im still trying to find something new to make a poem of. I'm open to any ideas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great poem bek! You should put it to music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm that's something to think about! Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!